Chiken kung pao
Yasmina my daughter gave me this recipe.
Préparation: 20 minutes
Cuisson:30 à 40 minutes
For: 6 personnes
- 1 ½ lbs chicken meat cut in bite size pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, skinless
- 10 whole dried red chili peppers
- 4 greens onions cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup water chestnut, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Combine chicken, salt, egg white and cornstarch. Mix well by hand and set aside.
In a small bowl, blend all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons oil to heated wok and stir fry chicken. Cook the chicken until it’s golden to golden brown on each side. Remove to serving bowl.
Add 2 more tablespoons oil to same wok.
Toss peanuts and chili peppers in the wok and stir fry until peppers turn dark red.
Remove from wok and add to chicken. Lower heat . If necessary, add more oil.
Stir fry green onions and garlic for several seconds. ( do not let garlic burn.)
Return chicken, peanuts and peppers to wok and stir fry a few seconds to combine.
Add water chestnuts and combined sauce ingredients and stir fry till heated through and thickened (less than a minute).
SERVE : Hot with steamed rice.